Quickstart on Fedora
Writing with LyX:
dnf install lyx
To install a TeX
.sty file, first see if it’s available in a package. For example, if I want the
cancel.sty file, I can see that it’s in the package
$ dnf provides "*/cancel.sty" texlive-cancel-8:svn32508.2.2-25.fc30.noarch : Place lines through maths formulae
- Lyx layouts are located in
- When changing document settings/styles through the dialog boxes, “Save as Document Defaults” will save your preferences to the file
Basic installation on Mac
brew cask install mactex
Then to use packages (from CTAN), use the TeX Live Utility in the Applications/TeX folder.
- First TeX Live Utility may need to update core packages
- Then to update a package, find it in the list, right-click and choose the appropriate option.
minteduses Pygments for syntax highlighting. Add
--shell-escapeas a command line argument to
pdflatexin TeXShop preferences
- Ensure Pygments is installed:
pip install pygments(Python must be installed first)
“LaTeX Error: File `cancel.sty’ not found.”
- Install the cancel package -
“LaTeX Error: File `maa-monthly.sty’ not found.”
- Find which package provides it in Fedora - e.g.
dnf provides "*/cancel.sty"
- Install the cancel